Piedmont Park's trails make it easy to get a workout in—even while on the road.
Instead of the hotel treadmill, get your workout in while exploring Atlanta’s favorite public space. The passing parade of skaters, joggers and walkers makes for terrific people-watching, and the view of the Midtown skyline is enchanting. Here are four of the park’s most popular walking paths where you can get your heart pumping and take in some gorgeous views.
The 4 Most Popular Walking Paths
- .70 miles using roads that circle the ball fields
- Moderate grade, from a low point by the Visitor Center to a high elevation at the north end of the Active Oval
Lake & Active Oval
- .96 miles using roads that circle Clara Meer
- Constant grade, with little change in elevation
- 1.15 miles making a loop around both the lake and ball fields
- Longer than the Active Oval circuit but similar elevation
This article has been adapted from the original, which was published in December 2008 by MSP Communications.
- 1.68 miles, making it the longest circuit with the greatest elevation change
- Adds a loop around The Meadow, which is .66 miles, to the Lake & Active Oval circuit