Visit the Lincoln Memorial, one of D.C.'s most famous attractions.
The White House
- Submit requests to your Member of Congress up to six months in advance
- These are on a first come, first serve basis
- Call 202-456-7041
- Tours are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Visit 24 hours a day, but Park Rangers are on duty to answer questions from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- No fees or reservations. But if you’re planning a big event, you may need a park permit.
- Call 202-426-6841
- No Fees
- Ticket Required: Go to the Washington Monument Lodge along 15th Street starting at 8:30 a.m. Tickets are same day, timed and on a first come, first serve basis
- One person can get a limit of six tickets. Even kids must have a ticket.
- Ticket lines form as early at 7 a.m. in spring and summer, so get in line early!
- Reserve tickets in advance at the National Park Service ticket web site.
- There is a fee of $1.50 per ticket to reserve in advance.
- Call 877-444-6777 for individual tickets and 877-559-6777 for group tickets
- Smithsonian Information Center in the Castle, open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. It’s your gateway to learning about the Smithsonian's 19 museums and nine research centers.
- Call 202-633-1000
- Free admission for all Smithsonian museums, the zoo in Washington, D.C., and the American Indian Museum's George Gustav Heye Center in New York.
- No tickets needed
- A fee is required at the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York (Members and children under age 12 are admitted free).
*If you want to be part of group tours for everything to the National Zoo to the Natural History Museum, click here
- Advanced reservations are required through the advanced reservations system or through one of your Senators or Representatives.
- Tours are given from 8:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m, Monday through Saturday.
- Allow 90 minutes for the tour
- The Capitol Visitor Center is a public access building, and you do not need a tour ticket to enter.
- Senate and House sessions are open to visitors whenever either body is in session. In addition, the House Gallery is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, when the House is not in session.